We are always asked about the best tips on how to make gains, how to get shredded, how to make biceps bigger etc., but some people started to ask about best bodybuilding books. So, we liked that idea and decided to work on this topic. It is much more valuable for you to have good literature and start to understand how everything works than just to ask for some tip without any understanding.
So, let us introduce you the most valuable books about bodybuilding and fitness, which will make you understand every detail about how to workout, build muscle, stay lean and eat correctly. Remember, you are your body own sculptor, and we won’t make you a master in it.
1. Jim Stoppani’s Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength
Jim Stoppani’s Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength is written by a PhD in exercise science. So, this science-based book will explain to you all the necessary details about how to exercise and exercise programs. It includes information on how to use simple equipment, but also you will see how to use the variety of home equipment, like TRX or even BOSU ball.
- All necessary definitions of strength training terms
- Main researches on strength training
- Nutritional rules and advices for strength workouts
- Detailed explanations of fitness and bodybuilding concepts
- Evaluations of different strength trainings
- Explanations and roles of each muscle group
- Training guide
Bottom line: Dr. Stoppani (1) has written a huge amount of articles on workouts, nutrition, and health. He also is a coauthor of the New York Times bestseller LL Cool J’s Platinum 360 Diet and Lifestyle (Rodale, 2010) also he took a part in books like Stronger Arms & Upper Body (Human Kinetics, 2009) and PrayFit (Regal 2010) and more. Dr. Stoppani is known as the creator of the training and nutrition programs like “Shortcut to Size” and “Shortcut to Shred”. This book will guide you from the most basics to the advanced!
2. The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
This one is the classic! But it doesn’t mean that it is not up to date. Every respecting himself athlete must have this book. Currently, classic bodybuilding is getting more popular than it was before, so who can be the best teacher for you? Of course Arnold Schwarzenegger (2), the king of classic bodybuilding. Also, most of the people really don’t see the point of modern bodybuilding, athletes are too huge, they don’t have the proportion the gold era had before.
- Unique practical bodybuilding exercise techniques from Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Comprehensive information on fitness, nutrition, health and much more
- Effective strength training methods
- Advices on bodybuilding supplements
- Instruction and advices on the prevention and treatment of different type of injuries
- Detailed information for beginners and experts
Bottom line: This book is called “The Bible of Bodybuilding”. It is the ultimate guide for bodybuilding. Also, it covers everything what you need: the most effective workout method for every muscle, it describes how to organise your workouts, also describes in details how to work with heavy weights and can prepare you for bodybuilding competition with all nutrition.
You even will be able to analyze and learn details about sports psychology, and also will get advices how to avoid and treat injuries and much more.
Also, by reading this book you will feel the way how Arnolds thinks and how to see and reach your goals!
3. Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding 21st Century Edition
The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding is one of the most known and respected books about bodybuilding. Originally it was written a long time ago, so now the book was updated for the 21st century. Also, now it is a complete guide for modern fitness and bodybuilding. The book has 800 pages and also is written in the format of an encyclopaedia. It will offer you all the necessary details about all aspects of bodybuilding and fitness.
- Over 800 pages of detailed information
- How to use nutrition and supplementation correctly
- Way to build body mass without common mistakes in short time
- How to shape your body in proportions you want
- How to succeed and participate in bodybuilding competitions
- And also how to workout with proper form and technique
- and much more!
Bottom line: Big part of the book is telling you exclusively about the professional bodybuilding: posing, tanning, contest prep, and even how to buy posing trunks, what to expect from the judges, contest psychology and much more. So, basically it includes everything an aspiring bodybuilder should read. If you have plans to compete in bodybuilding, this book should be must have for you, but it’s more into details, more modern, than any other book on the market.